Bad, bad blogger, I know!!! It's been an eventful couple of weeks. My glucose numbers have been high. I'm on the max dosage of Glyburide and it's not that great to stay on it at this point. So the Perinatologist gave us two choices last Friday.
1) I can go on insulin for the remainder of my pg, HOWEVER, he doesn't suggest this because it's pretty much too late PLUS they will hospitalize me anyway to make sure that I don't "bottom out" with my glucose numbers.
2) I can have the amnio (THIS IS THE ONLY WAY HE WILL INDUCE BEFORE 38.4 WKS) to make sure of the lung function. He does it in the office and says that it is 0% risk to the baby and that the only risk to me is my water breaking, which at the point is no prob. he'll send me straight to the hossy. If the lungs are mature than we will be induced the next day. If not we will be given the steroid inj and then induced.
I have until Tuesday to decide.....I REALLY DON'T WANT THE AMNIO, but I can't stay on the Glyburide and I don't want to be hospitalized to receive insulin. What to do???
No comments:
Post a Comment