The pregnancy is going good, but I have alot on my mind and heart this past week. With my first child (C), at sixteen weeks gestation we found out that our son had a abnormal ultrasound. Upon seeing a Maternal Fetal Specialist we found that where the right kidney should have been, six to nine cyst had formed instead. They couldn't really tell about the left kidney. We prayed that the left kidney would function, but we would only know after he was born.
After years of infertility issues needless to say we were devastated. I remember asking God why me? Why him, but shame me of little faith. God in his awesome glory took care of all. When C was born the first thing he did was pee on the OB. Couldn't have had a better scenario. After weeks of testing, it was found that he had unilateral Multi-Cystic Kidney Disease (MCKD). You only need one kidney and thanks to God, his left was fully functioning and till this day he has had no problems.
A couple of weeks ago, I was reading the second trimester boards and there was a lady that found out at her twenty week appt that her son possibly has bilateral MCKD. The right kidney did not form and they are not sure about the left because it is too small to tell. Her amniotic fluid is too low and they suspect this because the baby is unable to urinate. Her story is similar to mine. My heartbreaks because I know how scary it is, but at the same time, she is being told only dire outcomes. She has named her son. I have told her my story. I want to be supportive of her and pray that God will give me wisdom to do so. I have told her that we serve the Almighty healer and I believe that He can and will do so!!
Please keep them both in your prayers. I pray that A's fluid will be fine at her next visit. That her son's kidney will form. That God will give her strength, comfort and peace no matter what happens. My heart is heavy for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment