

PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD!!!!! I arrived at the doctor's office and first had my ultrasound. I was super nervous. Shan was with me and you could tell that he also was getting a little jittery. I get all "ready" for my trans vaginal u/s and we begin. The tech turns the screen away, (which is standard) and starts looking. It felt like FOREVER (but hubby said it was only minutes) before she says everything looks great. I see a heartbeat. PRAISE THE LORD. I had prayed for peace and comfort and thanks to my wonderful WEBMD mommies and their prayers, I could feel that. She turned the screen to us and said that I measured 8 wks 6 days and then we got to hear the heartbeat. 174 BPM. Their is nothing like hearing the heartbeat (well other than the first cry in the delivery room). Little U looked like a cute little bean.
Next we had my first OB appointment. Of course, I had to get undressed again for the fun stuff. My wonderful OB Dr. R came in and the first thing he said that he really thought I was having twins because the HCG numbers tripled like they did. Then he proceeded to talk with me about all of my concerns. First off my biggest was whether to get the H1N1 vac or not. His answer was great and not at all what I've heard. He said the main reason to get it is because when your baby is born, he/she only has your immunities for the first six months. So me getting immunized w/the H1N1 is going to be very beneficial for baby. He listened to my concerns, mainly miscarriage and said if I wanted to that I could wait another month and get it in the second tri, which is what I've chosen to do. He is in a VERY large practice and said that none of their patients have had any problems.
Then he did a breast examination and pap and that was it. He talked a little more with hubby and me (did I mention how much I luv him..lol) and said he would keep my EDD for 8/18/10, but will deliver on or before 8/10/10. He then set me up for the First Trimester screen (whoohoo 4D u/s) with the Perinatologist (who I also like) on 2/3/10 and follow up back with him on 2/11/10. Finally, I had about 7 vials of blood drawn, but it was so worth it.
I then ask the doctor, "So everything looks fine" and he said, "NO, everything looks PERFECT." His words!!! Thank you Lord for such a wonderful visit!!!
YAY NICKI!!!!!!!!!!!! I was praying for you, and I am so glad that everything went well!
ReplyDelete