I thought I posted this last week, but it doesn't show. So here's a repost and update.
I had a scheduled appt w/my OB this morning (Friday 5/21) for a regular check up. When I was taking a shower this morning, I noticed that I had some bloody mucous string when washing. Of course, I start to freak out, so I get out of the shower. When I was towel drying their was bright red blood on the towel and red drops of blood on the floor underneath me. DH had already left for work and it was just me and DD. I got DD dressed and took her to my SIL and decided to just go ahead into my docs office and see if he wanted to see me or go to L&D.
I used the restroom at SIL house and their was no more blood. I decided not to call DH unless it was an emergency and went in the docs office. I let the front office know that I came in early because I was bleeding and they went ahead and got me back for an u/s. Of course (my luck), the u/s tech was the same one that I had w/the m/c. She is super nice though. My cervix was length 5, which was great!!! Baby was good, HB 136 and weight 2lb 8oz. I noticed that she spent alot of time in one spot and didn't say anything. Then finally she said that she saw something w/the placenta, but couldn't say what. After that she sat me outside to have my OB's nurse take my BP and weight and when I sat down, I just lost it. I started sobbing and couldn't stop. Several of the nurses were trying to calm me down including my OB. They decided not to take my BP because I was so upset.
OB took me in the room and said that he honestly didn't know what was on the u/s and was going to send me directly to the Peri to get it checked, because they have better u/s capablities. First he checked my cervix and everything was great AND their was NO sign of bleeding. He couldn't find any. He even checked my rectally (because of hemmys) and said I did have a small one, but it also showed no signs of recent bleeding. So off to the peri I went.
I first had a vaginal u/s and everything looked great and then I had a regular and the tech said that baby looked great and at first she said everything looked fine w/placenta, but after a minute she said, "well there is your prob". Turn outs, I had a small placenta tear that was more like a placenta bleed about 2 cm long. The Peri came in and said they list the diagnosis as a tear, BUT it's not as if my placenta is torn and it was more of just a bleed (pocket of blood). He actually said that even if they would have noticed it at my u/s last week w/him they wouldn't have said anything because he wouldn't want me to worry, because it really is nothing to worry over (easy for him to say..lol).
So here I am, taking it easy for the next couple of days and praying to see NO MORE BLOOD!!! I am on light restriction which means,no lifting my toddler and strictly pelvic rest, plus I have to take it super easy for the next couple of weeks. Good news also is my boss called and said that every shift I am schedule to work is double covered so if i need off or need to leave early I am covered. One less worry for now!!! I'm just so thankful to God that everything is alright, but Ladies, I was so scared. Just very, very thankful. Please keep us in your prayers!!!! Tons of hugs to all!!!
Update 5/27, So far NO MORE BLOOD (PRAISE THE LORD) and still trying to take it easy. Just have a bad cold that I wish would go away.
Oh wow Nicki! I am so sorry to hear about all of this. Definitely praying for you, and I am so glad that everything is ok now!
ReplyDeleteSo glad it turned out OK. Praying for you!!!
ReplyDelete